Monday, August 17, 2009

Quick & Easy...

I'm doing my best to post on here more regularly. You're all also encouraged to do so. In fact, without your input I'm going to assume none of you are eating healthy. Hey, it's your life, but if you really want to crush a workout and maximize your performance and potential, food is the fuel to do so. If we work so hard every day at the gym, why can't we put in the same effort in the kitchen? Let's face it, we absolutely brutalize our bodies during workouts. Why not give them the sustenance they deserve? Here's a quick midday meal I had today...


Protein:
-a handful of turkey
-two hard-boiled egg whites (with hot sauce for flavor)
-three strips of bacon
-a protein shake (not pictured)

Carbs:
-three strawberries
-handful of blueberries
-handful of cherries
-another shake (Perfect Food's Super Green Formula)

Fat:
-half an avocado
-a lot of good fat in bacon

Extra:
-two capsules of fish oil
-lots of water

I'm not strict weighing and measuring yet, but this meal is pretty well balanced. I actually plan on going through it piece by piece to see how it plays out. But this was a quick and easy meal that tasted delicious. And I like to think it's part of the reason I put up the best time on the board today. Get after it.

No comments: